Thursday, April 5, 2012

La Jolla Beach

On our last day we took the kids to La Jolla Beach. There is where a group of sea lions come ashore to sun bathe and give birth to their pups. It was really neat to be able to see them. You are literally right next to them. If you wanted (which you're not allowed) you could tough them. The kids thought it was great to watch them. They also had fun playing in the surf. We wer'nt sure if they would be able to swim so I didn't have them in their suits. I thought they could just wade. Well Erika was the first to get to close to the edge when a wave came in and it knocked her off her feet. she wasn't to thrilled as the water was only 52 degrees. After that she wanted her suit and I told here there wasn't any point. They did have fun playing and splashing in the water and collecting sea shells. Once the tide was out it left behind a few tide pools. Chris and Wyatt saw a hermit crab, star fish, and some sea urchins. it was a great way to end the vacation. We forgot to spray sun lotion on us because we weren't sure how long we were staying. needless to say Mom was the one who turned out to be the Lobster. It is amazing to look out into the ocean and think what all is out there. I am awed that our loving Heavenly Father created something so beautiful for us. To witness something so powerful and calming is definitely a treat. When we were in the car going home Erika asked where we were going. I told her home and she asked to the Hotel? I told her no our house. She got upset and cried NOOOO I Want to go back to the hotel I don't want to go home. I guess she was having to much fun.





















No comments: